8.31.2011

Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass











Today's picture book is Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. I like this mod version illustrated by Brigitte Bryan, with cover art by Don Irwin. Bryan's pen and ink illustrations are nicely composed and I like her use of texture and patterns. I also like the fact that the cover art was done by a different artist, I think it really adds a nice touch to the book/series. Don Irwin's art for this is excellent.










This particular book was part of a series put out in the late 60's and early 70's by Classic Publishing Corporation. For a full listing of the book titles in the series and more information, click here. I purchased this book at a thrift store for the hefty sum of $5. (I'm cheap.) They had a couple of other titles in the series there, but I decided to wait and see if I can find them elsewhere for less, as I'd like to get the entire series.

I wasn't able to find much information about Brigitte Bryan, but here is a link showing another book she illustrated with a bit of info on the dust jacket. For information about Don Irwin, click here. For information about the different illustrators of Alice in Wonderland, click here. Also, check out the sidebar on my blog (on the right) with more links.

2 comments:

  1. How interesting to see this through the eyes of someone else. I think that copy I passed up for $0.50 is still on the shelf...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you hear about the NEW Alice story? It's called Alice on Top of the World. I wrote it, and you can read it on my website http://www.crazymadwriter.com

    ReplyDelete